Santa Clarita Construction Law Attorney
Our Los Angeles Business Lawyers Protect Contractors, Architects, Suppliers
Construction projects, both large and small, public and private, residential,
commercial or industrial, all present numerous opportunities in which
legal disputes can arise. When a problem does arise, typically every entity
with any involvement in the project - developers, architects, general
contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers or product manufacturers
- along with each of their respective insurers, becomes ensnared in the
Poole Shaffery has developed a reputation for providing exceptional
representation in all phases of complex litigation, from inception through
trials and appeals. We are also experienced in the representation of a
variety of entities involved in every phase of construction, including
developers, general contractors, subcontractors and other construction-related
professionals. The firm practices in all areas of construction law, including
construction defect disputes, disputes concerning obligations under subcontract
agreements, and matters arising from the sale of improved real property.
Poole Shaffery ’s construction law expertise includes:
- Defending developers, general contractors and subcontractors in Construction
- Negotiating and drafting development agreements and subcontracts to facilitate
residential and commercial project planning and completion;
- Representation of developers, owners, associations, general contractors,
subcontractors, suppliers, product manufacturers, engineers and architects,
as well as their respective coverage providers;
- Claims of defective design, materials, construction or subsurface conditions
involving commercial, single family and multiunit residential projects;
- Claims arising in the context of condominium conversions, including issues
regarding DRE submissions, reserve studies and initial budgets;
- Claims involving property damage or personal injury at project sites, including
- Representation in all aspects of civil litigation in both state and federal
court, as well as in mediation and arbitration;
- Representation in regulatory or administrative hearings or proceedings; and
- Claims of misrepresentation arising out of real property transfers.
With established expertise in long-cause, complex civil litigation as well
as success in the alternative dispute resolution process (mediation and/or
contractual arbitration), Poole Shaffery provides construction and
real estate professionals with vigorous, thorough and cost-efficient representation
in all construction-related matters, and at all stages of the dispute process.
Speak with our team for litigation and counsel all over the state. Our
California business lawyers have offices in Los Angeles, San Diego,
Orange County, and
Poole Shaffery has successfully represented various clients
in the construction industry, including:
- Defense of large scale residential and multi-unit condominium developers
embroiled in complex litigation involving alleged construction defects,
purported misrepresentations made during the sales process, and fraud
brought by tenants and homeowners.
- Defense and successful settlement of mass party lawsuit against owners
of a large multi-unit residential and condominium conversion project faced
with allegations of failing to repair various defective conditions at
project, failing to establish an adequate DRE operating budget and reserve
study and allegedly misleading more than 200 homeowners and residents.
- Consultation and defense of not-for-profit organization involved in urban
redevelopment and large scale residential renovation and rehabilitation projects.
- Defense of various individual building contractors and trade professionals,
including plumbing contractors, architects, engineers, drillers, flooring
contractors, and roofers, involved in claims and lawsuits arising from
purported damage to residential and commercial structures, including water
leaks, flooding, water intrusion issues, damaged foundations, soil subsidence,
failed roofing, wood-related defects, defective flooring and structural issues.
- Defense of California utility companies involved in third-party property
damage suits, inverse condemnation matters, and suits involving alleged
soil subsidence damage.
- State and federal regulatory proceedings and lawsuits arising from building
product defects, code compliance, installation and design.
Contact a construction law attorney today at: (855) 997-7522