TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
These Terms and Conditions of Use apply to you when you view, access or
otherwise use the web site located at www.pooleshaffery.com (the "Site").
The Site is owned by POOLE & SHAFFERY, LLP ("Poole Shaffery ”,
“we” or “us"). We grant you a nonexclusive, nontransferable,
limited right to access, use and display the Site and the materials provided
hereon, provided that you comply fully with these Terms and Conditions of Use.
1. No Attorney Client Relationship. We provide this Site for general informational purposes only. Because Poole Shaffery is a law firm and some of the information on the Site relates to legal topics, no attorney-client relationship is created between you and us when you use the Site. By using the Site, you agree that the information on this Site does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and Poole Shaffery . Do not consider the Site to be a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney licensed in your state. The information on the Site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, correct or up-to-date. While we try to revise the Site on a regular basis, it may not reflect the most current legal developments. The opinions expressed at or through the Site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.
3. Copyright Notice. All materials and software published on or used on the Site are protected by copyright, and are owned or controlled by or licensed to Poole Shaffery , or the party listed as the provider of the materials or software. UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, REPRODUCTION, REPUBLISHING, UPLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING OR DUPLICATING OF ANY OF THE MATERIAL IS PROHIBITED. You may download any downloadable materials displayed on the Site only for personal, noncommercial and informational purposes, provided that the documents are not modified and provided you maintain and abide by all copyright, trademark and other notices contained in such material or if none, you include the following copyright notice in such downloaded materials:
4. Commercial Use of Site Materials and Screen Shots. Reproduction, copying, or redistribution of materials on the Site for commercial purposes is prohibited without the express written permission of Poole Shaffery . Any use, reproduction, or distribution of material on the Site which constitutes the personal information, property, or photograph or other depiction of any particular Poole Shaffery attorney may also be subject to state and federal privacy and other laws requiring the specific written consent of the individual attorney. To obtain permission to copy portions of the site, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information in the body of the email:
- the content you wish to use;
- where, when and how it will be used (for example, a seminar, newsletter or news article);
- where and how copies will be distributed and to what audience;
- how many copies will be produced and distributed;
- what other materials will be associated with the Poole Shaffery content; and
- your name, title, company, address, email address and telephone number.
We will evaluate and respond to your request as soon as possible. Poole Shaffery reserves the right to refuse permission to copy, distribute,
broadcast, or publish any of its copyrighted material, including text
and images on the Site.
5. Service Mark Notice. "Poole Shaffery ," and other related marks are service marks of Poole Shaffery and are protected by law. They may be used publicly only with permission from Poole Shaffery . Fair use of the service marks requires proper acknowledgment. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
6. Links to Other Sites and/or Materials. Links may appear on the Site that may be used to link to other site(s). These links are provided solely as a courtesy to our Site visitors. Poole Shaffery has no control over the linked sites or the materials, information, goods or services available or contained on these linked sites. Poole Shaffery is not responsible for and does not endorse or warrant in any way any materials, information, goods or services available through such linked sites or any privacy or other practices of such sites. If you decide to access any of the linked sites, you do so entirely at your own risk. Poole Shaffery reserves the right to terminate any link at any time.
7. Prohibited Actions. You agree not to interrupt, or attempt to interrupt, the operation of the Site in any way. Unauthorized use or modification of any information stored on the Site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution under Federal, State and local law. You may not use the Site for anything other than a lawful and legitimate purpose. You agree not to use the Site to carry out any unauthorized alteration of any data or information on the Site or to conduct any activity that infringes on the copyright, patent, trademark, service mark or other rights of any person or entity. You shall not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any service conducted on the Site. The Site is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 19. We reserve the right to limit or deny your access to the Site or take other appropriate action if you violate any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use or if you conduct any activity that violates the rights of any person or entity, or which we in our sole discretion deem unlawful, offensive, threatening, abusive or potentially harmful or malicious.
8. Copyright Notice. If you believe a photograph, text or other content on the site infringes your copyright, please provide us the following information relevant to your claim: (1) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (2) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site; (3) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (4) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address at which you may be contacted; (5) a written statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (6) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
You may submit your notice of claim of copyright infringement to:
David S. Poole
25350 Magic Mountain Parkway, 2d Fl., Santa Clarita, CA 91355
9. Modification of Terms and Conditions of Use. Poole Shaffery reserves the right to revise these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by updating this posting. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to comply with such revisions, so you should visit this page from time to time.
10. Email May Not Be Used to Provide Notice. Communications made through the Site's email and messaging system shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to Poole Shaffery or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives, such as where notice to Poole Shaffery is required by contract, or any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations.
11. Disclaimer; Limitation of Damages.
(a) Poole Shaffery expressly disclaims all liability for any viruses or other contamination of your computer system or other device used to access the Site as a result of your use of the Site, and expressly disclaims all liability for actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this Site. THE SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, POOLE & SHAFFERY MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
(b) USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SOFTWARE) ACCESSED THROUGH OR OBTAINED BY MEANS OF THE SITE.
12. Applicable Laws; Venue. Poole Shaffery operates the Site from its offices in California and makes no representations that materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. The display of the Site alone does not subject Poole Shaffery to any specific jurisdiction. Access to the Site from any territory where the content is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the Site from other locations, you do so at your own risk and are solely responsible for compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You may not use or export any of the Site materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim related to the use of the Site or to the Site materials shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California as applied to agreements made and to be performed entirely therein. Any action arising out of or related to the access, use, content, or existence of the Site shall be filed only in the appropriate California state court or federal court of the United States of America sitting in the County of Santa Clarita. The access, viewing or use of the Site constitutes the user's express permission and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the California Courts, and any appellate court from any thereof, for purposes of such actions.
Copyright © 2012 Poole Shaffery . All Rights Reserved.