Cyber Security, Data Breach & Internet Privacy
Internet privacy and data breaches are tremendously important and emerging areas of internet law, especially in California. While many companies have taken steps to bolster their network security, most business owners are not aware of the specific notification and reporting requirements that must be complied with if a breach occurs. Even fewer businesses are aware that they can protect themselves against many of these cyber risks by procuring the proper insurance policies and performing internal evaluations, audits and training regarding their network, data security and encryption technology.
Poole Shaffery has developed a Cyber Security, Data Breach & Internet Privacy practice group that advises and assists companies in taking steps to reduce the probability that hackers will gain access to critical networks or compromise systems containing private information identifying clients and employees. Should a breach occur, the Firm advises companies regarding the applicable notification and reporting requirements that must be complied with if an unauthorized acquisition of computerized data or data security breach occurs.
Poole Shaffery ’s Cyber Security, Data Breach and Internet Privacy expertise includes:
- Disclosure and notification requirements to California residents whose unencrypted personal information was or was believed to have been compromised;
- Interfacing with the appropriate law enforcement agency while it conducts its investigation of the breach;
- Notification requirements to state government officials;
- Defense of companies in lawsuits involving internet privacy violations and data breaches;
- Advising companies as to steps that can be taken to bolster their encryption software, servers and security firewalls to reduce the chance of a data breach.
Contact the firm today at (855) 997-7522 for immediate assistance