Samuel R.W. Price
Samuel R.W. Price is a partner with Poole Shaffery , where he focuses on civil litigation, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in complex business disputes and commercial litigation; intellectual property litigation; employment litigation; bankruptcy-related litigation; and construction, construction-defect, and construction defect-related product liability matters.
Mr. Price has represented clients in both state and federal courts throughout the State of California, in mediations and arbitrations, and in administrative hearings before the Contractors State License Board and the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board, among others.
Mr. Price has been repeatedly recognized by Super Lawyers® Magazine as a Rising Star in Business Litigation, an honor received by less than 2.5% of attorneys in the state.
In addition to civil litigation, Mr. Price also has extensive experience in bankruptcy, having represented both business entities and individuals in proceedings under Chapters 7, 11 and 13. He continues to represent both debtors and creditors in litigation arising out of bankruptcy proceedings.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Price obtained considerable experience in the construction industry while providing project management and skilled trade services for a general contractor. He also spent several years as the marketing coordinator for an award-winning multimedia production company and was a freelance audio/visual technician for many nationally- and internationally-televised sports broadcasts.
Mr. Price maintains memberships in the Building Industry Association of Southern California, as well as the American and Los Angeles County Bar Associations. He is also a member of the Santa Clarita Valley Bar Association, for which he has served for several years on the Executive Board.
- Obtained judgment for a permanent injunction from the United States District Court for the Central District of California against seller of underground insulation material and its owner based on violations of the federal statute prohibiting false advertising (Lanham Act), arising from various marketplace misrepresentations regarding the product's technical specifications and performance properties.
- Obtained dismissal of action against Fortune 500 company arising from alleged breach of contract for purchase of product components.
- Successfully negotiated the dismissal of a plumbing contractor after extensive plumbing systems and pipes failed due to ongoing degradation and corrosion at a 1,084 unit residential complex.
- Attained dismissal of federal action alleging alter ego liability and fraud against owner of international corporation that had defaulted on contractual obligation to vendor pursuant to motion arguing that all of defendant's alleged actions were strictly protected and could not form basis for complaint.
- Member of team that negotiated a nominal settlement of claims against an exterior weather vapor barrier coating manufacturer in a $20M suit arising from allegations of defective construction of a large regional call center.
- Defended large scale residential and multi-unit condominium complex developers against claims of defective construction, misrepresentations in the sale process, and fraud brought by hundreds of tenants, homeowners and homeowners' associations.
- Negotiated settlement of amounting to less than one-half of one percent of a $583K preferential transfer claim against a non-profit organization in a complex Chapter 11 proceeding.
Boston College School of Law, Juris Doctor College
Boston College, Bachelor of Arts in Film Studies, cum laude College