Insurance Law & Extracontractual Litigation
Poole Shaffery & Koegle, LLP has developed and established an insurance coverage
and extracontractual litigation practice focused on providing insurance
companies, agents, brokers, policyholders, TPAs, not-for-profit corporations
and other entities with creative, cost-effective solutions to the evolving
landscape and challenges faced by insurance industry clients.
With established expertise in advising clients as to their rights, duties
and obligations under various insurance products, including commercial
general liability, construction, homeowners, commercial property, employment,
personal and commercial auto, transportation and trucking, professional
liability, environmental and toxic exposure and other property and casualty
coverages, Poole Shaffery & Koegle, LLP provides insurance industry professionals
and corporations with thorough, innovative and cost-effective representation
in a variety of insurance coverage matters, from coverage opinions to
the defense of bad faith litigation.
Poole Shaffery & Koegle, LLP ’s insurance law and extracontractual litigation
- Drafting comprehensive coverage opinions and written coverage determinations
on behalf of national insurance companies faced with claims arising from
commercial general liability, construction,commercial property, personal
and commercial auto, transportation and trucking, directors and officers,
employment practices liability and other specialty claims policies.
- Representing insurance companies, TPAs, brokers, corporate entities, policyholders
and other organizations in complex insurance coverage litigation, including
declaratory judgment actions, bad faith litigation, and interpleader actions.
- Defending and advising insurance companies with respect to fair claims
handling procedures and general claims handling protocol.
- Representation in all aspects of coverage litigation in both state and
federal court, as well as in mediation.
- Investigate and litigate claims of policyholder fraud and misrepresentation.
- Assist underwriters and producers in drafting manuscript insurance policy
provisions related to environmental, transportation and trucking, construction
and professional liability risks.
- Manage and direct claims handling with respect to construction, trucking
and transportation, employment, professional liability, environmental,
toxic exposure and commercial property claims.
- Serve as monitoring counsel for insurers, policyholders and self-insured
entities in employment, construction, trucking and transportation, professional
liability, toxic tort, product liability, professional liability, and
commercial liability cases.
Contact the firm today for a free initial consultation.